Our client, a goods manufacturer, is in search of a contract Programmer to focus on a product launch for the organization. This person will be the product lead when it comes to programming support, and will need to have excellent communication skills to work with cross-functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. This position will have strong visibility within the company, and is estimated to last four to six months in duration.
This is a Windows environment, which includes both client/server applications, desktops, and a mobile workforce that depends on access to critical business applications.
- Significant experience with relational databases and programming skills within databases
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to discuss technical concerns with non-technical individuals
- Professional appearance, demeanor and communication skills
- Significant and creative problem solving skills with the ability to work within a deadline oriented organization
- Solid documentation experience with policies, procedures and issue resolution
- Develop in-house applications specifically designed for the organization
- Review functionality of program through testing; enhance user interfaces or code to correct any programming issues
- Investigate network/workstation/CPU interactions with the system—identifying if any issues are of concern
- Solid Visual Basic and T-SQL skills (SQL back end)
- Experience programming user interfaces/reports with Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server
- Skilled with desktop applications: Microsoft Office 2003/2007, IE, Adobe Acrobat/Reader
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Experience with handheld computer/scanners support and programming (programmed in VB.net)
- Experience using the programming languages VB.Net, Ruby on Rails and PHP
- Database administration (DBA), SQL Server, Macola
- Some experience/exposure in SharePoint services
- Familiarity with Dell products is a plus
This position is on site at the client location. Local candidates only, please.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.